This is an example how to convert a website in STATIC HTML:
wget --mirror --convert-links --adjust-extension --page-requisites
- –mirror – Makes (among other things) the download recursive.
- –convert-links – convert all the links (also to stuff like CSS stylesheets) to relative, so it will be suitable for offline viewing.
- –adjust-extension – Adds suitable extensions to filenames (html or css) depending on their content-type.
- –page-requisites – Download things like CSS style-sheets and images required to properly display the page offline.
- –no-parent – When recursing do not ascend to the parent directory. It useful for restricting the download to only a portion of the site.